This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by The Admin Bureau Ltd. Responsibility for the updating and dissemination of the policy rests with the company’s senior managers and the policy is subject to regular review to reflect changes to legislation or to the structure or policies of the firm. All staff are expected to apply the policy and to seek advice when required.
The firm needs to collect and use certain types of information about people with whom it deals in order to operate and, in addition, the firm may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of the FCA and government agencies. This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, electronically, or other means – and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We regard the lawful and correct handling of personal information by the firm as an important element in achieving fair treatment of customers and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We therefore need to ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly.
To this end, we fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The eight Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met;
- Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed;
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the specified purpose(s);
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act;
- Should be subject to appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data, or the accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal data;
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Therefore, the firm will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used in the disclosure documentation provided to customers;
- Collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
- Ensure the quality of information used;
- Ensure that the information is held for no longer than is necessary;
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the Act (i.e. the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, to access one’s personal information; to prevent processing in certain circumstances, and to correct, rectify, block or erase information that is regarded as wrong information);
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
- To assist in achieving compliance with the Principles for Business of the Financial Services Authority:
- Has appointed an Information Protection Officer at a senior level with specific responsibility for data protection within the firm: Eugene Culley (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Who will be responsible for providing staff with guidance on data protection procedures.
Join over 4,000 people that are connected to us on Social Media.
Address: Sportsguard, One Overstone Heights, Sywell, Northamptonshire, NN6 0AT • Telephone: 01604 644277 • Email: email@example.com
Sportsguard is a trading and product name of The Admin Bureau Ltd (Company Registration No: 2444201).
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference No: 305450).
© The Admin Bureau Ltd t/a Sportsguard 2018