Making a sports personal accident claim
How do we start the claim process?
Step 1: Contact your club secretary or manager and request a claim form using the contact information below:
Sportsguard on behalf of The Admin Bureau Ltd
Address: One Overstone Heights, Overstone Road, Sywell, Northamptonshire, NN6 0AT
Telephone: 01604 644277
Fax: 01604 644661
Step 2: Collect your claim form from the club secretary or manager. We send claim forms by e-mail and also by post depending on what the club secretary or manager requests.
Step 3: Complete the claim form and make sure all relevant sections have been signed/stamped.
Step 4: If you are claiming for a temporary total disablement benefit (i.e. Weekly Benefit) then make sure you submit your last two months pay slips prior to your injury and also copies of any sick notes that sign you unfit for work.
Step 5: Return the claim form to Sportsguard using the details below:
By post: Sportsguard, One Overstone Heights, Sywell, Northamptonshire, NN6 0AU; or
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 6: The claim will be reviewed by a claims assessor from an independent loss adjuster who act on behalf of Sportsguard, if your policy commenced in 2019 or prior this will be Accident & Health Claims Services LLP, if the policy commenced in 2020 this will be CEGA Group (Charles Taylor Assistance).
Our claims checklist
- Page 1 of the claim form needs to be completed in its entirety. If the injured player is under the age of 18, part B must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Part E (Accident Details) needs to completed in its entirety. We also require the Doctor’s Statement, part F, to be completed by a medically qualified practitioner.
- Part G (Hospital Statement) needs to be completed if you are claiming for hospital confinement benefit. You must also complete the Access to Medical Reports Section, part H. If the player is under the age for 18, this is also required to be counter-signed by parent/ legal guardian.
- Please give part J back to the club and allow them to complete the Approval Statement, all the answers in this section will be cross checked with the club and league.
- You must enclose all medical sick notes you have been issued to date. For player’s over the age of 16 and claiming Temporary Total Disablement only.
- If you are employed, please provide 2 wage slips for 2 months immediately prior to your injury. If you are self-employed, please provide copies of 2 bank statements and invoices for works completed immediately prior to your injury.
- Dental Claims must include an itemised invoice from the dentist and all receipts. You can ignore steps 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Before you submit anything to Sportsguard, please make a photocopy to keep for your records.