Sports Travel Insurance
We're proud to be serving grassroots sports since 1989
This type of insurance is completely essential for an amateur club no matter what sport they play. If you are a sports person or sports club official you can get best advice from one of the Sportsguard Team who are experts in this field.
Our sports travel insurance is underwritten within Lloyds of London and has been designed to suit the needs of grassroots sports clubs.
Quote & Buy online available
We are an accredited “Coverholder at Lloyds” which gives us the flexibility of creating and offering sports travel insurance designed to meet the demands and needs of grassroots sports people travelling from within the U.K. to anywhere in the world.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Important Information
If you have any questions about how this policy will respond in the event of a claim for cancellation or quarantine please get in touch before purchase or before you travel.
If you purchase travel insurance from our website after 31/03/2020 please see the below updated “Key Exclusions”.
- The first £50 of each claim for each insured person in respect of Medical and Additional Expenses or Cancellation and Curtailment or Journey Continuation and Delay or Personal Baggage Clothing or Effects.
- Certain Other Medical and Additional Expenses.
- Certain Cancellation and Curtailment Expenses.
- An insured person travelling contrary to medical advice or travelling after a terminal prognosis.
- Participation in Mountaineering or Rock-Climbing (involving ropes), participation in Motorsports and participation in Aeronautics or Aviation unless as a fare paying passenger.
- Claims arising out of pregnancy and childbirth if the expected delivery date is during the trip or within 8 weeks of the end of the trip.
- Claims caused by alcohol abuse, drugs or solvents (other than drugs prescribed by a Medical Practitioner.
- Cancellation due to deciding not to travel.
- Claims in respect of circumstances known at the time of booking a trip, which could reasonably have been expected to give rise to a claim.
- Loss of personal effects (including baggage) travellers’ cheques or money when unattended.
- Claims in connection with a business trip or occupation unless agreed by Underwriters.
- Claims resulting from Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), any mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2 or any fear or threat of these diseases.
* Full list of all exclusions is available upon request.